What to expect from start to finish
Getting started with SHARE is easy. The first step is completing a brief enrollment form. Once we receive your information, we will contact you to schedule an introduction meeting. You’ll be assigned an account manager and a technical lead who will guide you through the entire process from product selection to workflow assessment to training and beyond.
Here’s a look at the different phases involved in connecting to SHARE:
Your SHARE team will work closely with you as your organization thinks through how you will use SHARE and integrate it into your workflow.
- Select SHARE products (Secure Messaging and HIE options)
- Review and sign Business Associate Agreement, Participation Agreement and User Agreements
- Select a Project Champion to be the main point of contact for all of your users and SHARE
- Work with your SHARE account manager to determine readiness, implementation needs, project scope and timeline
- Create an internal marketing and communication plan that promotes staff awareness and acceptance
- Review Consent Policy and implement an appropriate consent process and Opt-Out form (if participating in HIE)
- Hold kickoff meeting with all staff to discuss goals and objectives of SHARE implementation, and address workflow process changes
The technical team steps in and puts all of the planning work into action, connecting your EHR to SHARE and testing the data flow to ensure SHARE works in the way you planned.
We provide hands-on training and a printed user guide to ensure everyone who will use SHARE knows what to do and is comfortable with it.
- Schedule and conduct training
- Hold staff meeting one week before go-live to discuss issues or concerns, and communicate goals and timeline
It’s go-live time. Get ready to start using SHARE and improving the quality of your patient care.
- Go-live with HIE implementation
- Meet with SHARE team two weeks post-live to resolve any issues
- Schedule follow-up training as needed
We’re here to support you post-launch. Your SHARE team is available for technical support and additional training. We also provide tools to you help you educate your patients.